Thursday

Pasinaya 2011

February signals National Arts Month and one of the events that accompany it is Pasinaya. Pasinaya is an annual CCP Open House Festival. This event is composed of various performances from the field of dance, theater, music, literature, film, visual arts. It also consists of kids’ zone, bazaar and other variety shows. These performances and other activities were all held in various CCP complex venues. The performers include CCP Resident Companies namely Bayanihan Philippine National Folk Dance Company, Ballet Philippines, Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group, Philippine Ballet Theatre, The Philippine Magical Singers, Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra, Tanghalang Pilipino, UST Symphony Orchestra, and NAMCYA (National Music Competitions for Young Artists). There were also other performers from other parts of the country as well. No wonder it was dubbed as the biggest one-day performing arts festival. Pasinaya is free for the public to see. The public is invited to "see all they can, pay what they can" from 9am till 5pm. But you can also opt to purchase priority passes that cost around 100 php I think. But it was a reasonable price since the performances are more than what you’ll pay for. Note: a single play in CCP cost around 200-300 php depending on where you are seated. 

It was 2009 when I first attended Pasinaya but I only spent half an hour or so because it was also the time when we we’re having a meeting for our finals. It just so happened that our leader let me have to look around while we were having a break since we’re near the place. Being the arts and culture junkie that I am, I feel the need that I have to attend it and now that I had the chance I won’t let it passed by and as usual I came with my sister. One thing I love about Pasinaya is that it’s also the time where you can take photos inside CCP’s premises because they won’t let you on regular days. Well, they allow it but on a very limited basis.

We came in the afternoon and we ran out of priority passes so we only opted to fall in line to what is available. Too bad we didn’t watch any film or play. I’m looking forward for ZsaZsa Zaturnah, well, I’ve watched it before but I wanted my sister to see it because it was hilarious. But it’s fine, most of our time was spent ogling on artworks. The event was jam-packed with people including artists from different fields, teachers and student and a lot more. I’ll just let the photos do the talking on how we enjoy this one.
One of the events I looked forward is the 10-minute voice workshop by the Madrigal Singers. I love singing but it’s more of an unrequited love. No photos because I didn’t manage to take a decent one. :( 
Random: My classmate once called me Batang CCP for there was a time when I watched plays in CCP almost every week since it was near our place. 

 
Some highlights of the event include People’s gala that paid tribute to our national hero, Jose Rizal.  So that's it. Hope you enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...