Saturday

WWF and Earth Hour 2011

Since Earth Hour is a few hours away, I find it fitting that I should post something related to WWF which is the one responsible for this event. 

WWF is one of the world's largest independent organizations dedicated to the conservation of nature. This post is about another effort of WWF in spreading awareness of their cause. I’m also posting this to show my support to WWF and organizations/groups alike. I’m not a member of such organizations/groups, but I always believe that we can contribute to their causes on our own little ways. One of them is to help spread the word like this one.

It was around December of last year when I and Emy, a schoolmate, found out about this. We’re on our usual way home from training in Makati when I saw WWF people in the underpass inviting the public to write a message on their message board. Since I always support activities that involved spreading awareness in taking care of our environment, I decided to drop by. 


Once you’re done writing, they would give you a card that has ways on how you can help save the earth. They would also give you a cute WWF sticker if you have a Citibank credit card (or is it HSBC? I don’t know). Too bad I didn’t have one, I really wanted the sticker.


Some of them were also discussing environment-related stuff I think, but I haven’t really had the chance to know because we were also in a hurry. I asked one of them on how long they were going to do that because I wanted to come back to take pictures so that I can blog about it on my Tumblr to spread the word. She said that they will be around by the end of the week. I did take pictures days after but sadly, when I transferred them on my flash drive, they became hidden files and it took two months before I finally retrieved them. I really felt bad because I wasn’t able to keep my word. WWF people, I’m really sorry for what happened. I also hope that it’s not too late for this post.


I’m not sure if they’re still doing this kind of promotion somewhere, but in case you see them, please don’t hesitate to participate. It only takes a few minutes of your time to show your support.

And before I finally end this post, let us turn off our lights for an hour on March 26, 2011 from 8:30 to 9:30 pm to show our support for Earth Hour. You can learn more about WWF’s activities by checking their official Philippine website or liking their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...