Monday

Eiga Sai 2011

So sis and I attended the second to the last day of Eiga Sai at Shangri-La Plaza and as expected, it was read: JAM-PACKED with people. This is my fourth year of attending this highly-anticipated event and believe me I know how it works especially during weekends. We intended to watch the first (Dapartures) and last (Villon’s Wife) film. As a general rule, tickets will be given an hour before the movie starts. But still, you should be earlier, like at least two hours or so before the movie starts. But let us just say that shit happens, we arrived there past 12pm so we just planned to fall in line in the chance seat wherein you can watch the movie 15 minutes after it starts. From the word itself, chance seats mean that your chance of watching the movie depends on the VIPs and people with tickets who will watch it since they are the priority. Unfortunately, when we got there, there were like thirty-plus people there.  Most of the time, chance seats can only accommodate 10-15 people, so from the moment I saw it, I already knew our fate, nonetheless we still joined the line. Who knows? A miracle might happen. My sister also invited a friend who also invited a friend, what? Lol. Even they were an hour ahead of us they still suffered the same fate. I advised them to just wait for the second film which I watched last Wednesday. But they didn’t want it because they were also after Departures. So they just joined our line. But as expected, few people were accommodated. After it, they just went home due to errands and school work. It was their first time to watch Eiga Sai but their effort just went nil. Really feel bad for them. Enough ranting. 

Crappy camera-phone photos coming your way yes because I didn’t bring Zephyr.

You can’t unsee that three-floor-high tarpaulin. Probably one of the reasons why the event became very viral.

Would you believe that it took us more than five hours to get these? And waited for another hour for the screening. So, that’s more than six hours in all. It’s a good thing we don’t get bored easily and yes, we were very patient.

Just to give you an idea how jam-packed Eiga Sai is during weekends.

Due to insistent public demand, there’s a last full show for Departures at 9:30 pm. And that’s the last chance to see it because there is no screening for it at UP Diliman.

But we can no longer afford that due to safety reasons. Nearest resort: watch it in Cebu and Davao…I’m kidding of course. Man, I really wanted to see Departures the moment I saw its trailer. It’s a good thing my friend downloaded it from torrent in high definition and with GOOD English subtitles. So I guess I’ll just improvise a home theater system for it to have that movie house atmosphere. Haha. Will keep you posted about it.

Villon’s Wife is the only PG-13 among the movies this year. I really like Villon’s Wife even though only three people (including me and sis) I think clapped when it ended. Perhaps, it’s just a matter of personal tastes. The film is about a wife who stood by her husband no matter what. It reminds me of indie films. Speaking of which, I can smell Cinemalaya days from now.

Just imagine how jam-packed this line guide (or whatever it is called) that Saturday.

Even the line for the chance seats of Departure’s last full show is still long.

Despite being jam-packed and waiting for long hours, I still enjoyed watching Eiga Sai. I hope you enjoy it as well. Anyway, see you again next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...