Monday

Inspiration Mondays: Eleanor Hardwick

Would you believe that these photos were taken by a 16 year-old? Well, believe it or not, they are. The 16 year-old (she was 16 when some of these were taken, she is now 18) photography wonder is Eleanor Hardwick. At a young age, both her personal and commercial works were published in the likes of Vouge, 125 and Independent. 

I found out about her when I stumbled upon her interview on Digital Photographer magazine. Her photos are quite stunning so I searched for her on the net and I was blown away. Her photos give me this certain feeling of nostalgia and sometimes some sort of surreal imagery. According to her interview, though most of her photos have a fashion-based approach, she likes her photos to tell a story. She said that what she tried to suggest in her images is a unison between realism and something more ethereal. 

Man, I’m definitely digging her style. I also like the fact that her equipment is not limited to DSLR, for she also uses analog and disposable cameras. She is nothing but quite inspiring. Looking at her photos make me want to grab my Zephyr and shoot right away in this very moment. I hope she inspires you too. :) Her official website here and flicker here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...